Click on this too...

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Making 'Tau Pa Kuih'

Last Saturday, my sister told me that she will be having a 'mooncake n tanglung' gathering(potluck style) on Monday(yesterday) and asked me whether if I would like to join her. I agreed, so at first I planned to make 'onde-onde'(a nyonya delicacies). In the first attempt, it turned out to be good in sense of colour and texture, but the it's a bit tasteless as the brown sugar is not a good quality one...

Then, suddenly I have the urge to make a 'tau pa kuih', which is one of my favourite. I bought ground nuts to fry, blend and put in as the ingredients. My first attempt for 'tau pa kuih' was quite a SUCCESS except for one thing, it's too STICCCKKKKKYYYYYYYY.... I forgot to put some oil on it...

Yesterday noon, after I returned from the class, I made the kuih and I was quite proud of the outcome....
I would say IT'S A SUCCESS!!!! A great job... hehehe...

here's some of the photos...

the onde-onde that haven't put the coconut


the tau pa kuih that haven't steam


after steaming

1 comment:

Babbles said...

how come u so pandai cook one n i so kitchen-talentless :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...